Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 11

This week I had some fun and did some professional development (which was also fun!)

I had the opportunity to do read alouds for classes this week. We read books such as: Wemberly Worried, Sir Cumference and All the King's Tens, and This is the Teacher. It is so fun to see students really engage with a story, especially if it is funny. They love stories, and it is great to use them for all sorts of literacy activities. This week we used Wemberly Worried to make text-to-self connections. Next year, I think that might be a really good book to read at the beginning of school. I learned several things about what the students might be worried about, and it is valuable to know those things.

One of the CEBS dispositions states: Values professionalism: Commitment to self reflection and growth. Recognizes personal limitations and strengths and uses them to best professional advantage. Actively seeks suggestions and constructive criticism. Regularly practices critical thinking. Regularly engages in learning through self-reflection.

When I reflect on my strengths and areas for improvement related to the profession, I know that current technology, especially its use with students, is an area where I can use a lot of professional development. I spoke to my cooperating practitioner and she agreed that Google Educator training was a wise choice for some of my practicum hours. So, this week I had the opportunity to begin Google Educator Training Level 1. I have completed three of the modules so far. It is amazing the resources that are available, and the ways that I can use resources I am already familiar with to help students.




No comments:

Post a Comment