Saturday, April 30, 2016

Week 14

This week I started trying to use some of my new knowledge from the Google Educator training to make it practical for what I teach. The first project I did was a Google Slides presentation. Working in Google Slides is very similar to Power Point. There are definitely some differences that are a little difficult to adjust to, but there are also some perks like inserting a YouTube video very easily. Here is a link to an attempt at a presentation for a unit I am planning on Folktales.

Monday I read Pippi Longstocking again We are almost finished with the book - only two chapters left. On Friday, we will watch the movie and compare/contrast it with the book.

I also spent some time working on the re-accreditation documents for BGCA. I am the leader for the committee that encompasses curriculum, information resources, technology, and assessments. The library and its content is covered in this area, so I am spending some time working on finding reports to use as documentation. We are working very hard on creating a quality technology plan. There are so many aspects to be included, but it is really important and gives good information to do a self-study such as this to find places where we can improve. I spent time in a meeting discussing the needs for information resources and library updates on Tuesday afternoon.

In the evening I listened to a webinar from AASL called "Envisioning New Library Spaces". It was very interesting for many reasons. One is because in the next few years our school plans to build, and it will help me know how to give informed opinions about how the library should be laid out. There were two ideas that stood out in the webinar. One was the presenter said that teaching is rewarding when imitation becomes innovation. She also talked about how much of education is geared toward extraverts. She said that libraries need to make sure to have a space for the introverts to study and be themselves.

This week I completed my hours! So thankful to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment