Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 3

This has been another busy week!

In looking through the CEBS Dispositions, I began to think about just how important this one is:
"Values professionalism: Professional development and involvement. References and makes use of professional organizations or publications. Willingly participates in professional activities or events that promote professional development." I contemplated how important it is to have the knowledge and expertise of more experienced as a resource. One way I was able to connect this week was by signing up for the KYLMS Listserv. As I go through the posts, I am amazed at the resources that are available to an LMS. I am very appreciative of my site supervisor for recommending the list!

This week I was able to give presentations to two classes about how to do research. The third grade class was beginning a project called Wax Museum where they study a popular figure, prepare a report, and then do a speech while dressed like the person. I was able to help them prepare by showing them kid safe web search engines. I did a similar presentation for the sixth grade class, however their class is beginning to be more precise in citing sources. I introduced them to the Purdue OWL site. Their teacher was so excited to have that resource as well. The presentation using PowerPoint was a success in both classes and the students asked lots of thoughtful questions.



I worked again on cataloging more books for the BGCA library. It is so helpful to have the Library of Congress MARC records to download and import to the system that they use. I can't imagine how long it would take if that was not available!

No comments:

Post a Comment