Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week 5

This week I had the opportunity to do another presentation for students. These were 4th and 5th graders who are about to begin working on a research project on some aspect of either Kentucky or United States history. Not only did I get to talk to them about appropriate websites and how to access KYVL through the Warren County Public Library website, but I also got to talk to them about citing sources. I introduced them to their new 'writing best friend', The Purdue OWL.

 
This week I was also able to spend about 30 minutes listening to a webinar from Simply K12 about using Google apps to differentiate in the classroom. They presented really useful information and gave several websites for additional research.
 
This was a good week, but slow on hours. Here's to catching up a bit this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment